10 Tips for Choosing a Good Laptop for Your Needs
Tips for Choosing a Good Laptop – Nowadays technology is getting more advanced and more sophisticated from year to year. I remember when I was still in elementary school, there were no teachers who used laptops in teaching activities. As technology grew, after I entered junior high school, almost all teachers used laptops to help ease their task in providing subject matter at school.
Nowadays, almost every teacher and student has a laptop for their daily needs. There is a little advice for those of you who want to buy a laptop, seeing the increasing number of requests and offers, you should first know the tips for choosing a good laptop so you won’t be disappointed in the end.
Besides that, there are also many various brands of laptops from cheap to expensive and from durable to not. Is an expensive laptop sure to last? not necessarily the expensive ones that last, many cheap laptops are also durable as long as we know how to check whether a used laptop is still worth it or not.
In general, most expensive laptops are more durable than cheap ones, but if we already know the contents and quality of various laptop brands, we can get a laptop with good quality but at a low price as long as we know tips on choosing a laptop. For that we will try to give a few tips on choosing the best and suitable laptop according to your needs.
Tips for Choosing a Good Laptop
1. Specifications As Needed
Determine the function, that means you first think about what you want to buy a laptop for and what you have to look for. So later what we get is what we need. For example, if we buy a laptop so we can play games, but instead we buy a laptop with only 1GB of RAM, it’s not the maximum, the laptop will turn blank.
2. Authentic Operating System
Make sure the preinstalled Windows contained in the notebook you want to buy is genuine so that the laptop you are using is not vulnerable to virus and malware attacks.
3. Do you want new or used?
Do not rush to buy a laptop, determine its condition, want a new or used one. In our opinion, this is not a problem, as long as it is according to needs by knowing the points and tips for choosing the right laptop. But if you want to buy used but don’t know the tips and tricks, you are likely to be disappointed.
4. Choose a branded laptop, because what is a branded laptop other than already well-known among the public, usually its quality has been tested. This is also a reference because well-known brands are usually synonymous with quality even though they are usually expensive.
5. Look for the price of the laptop you want to buy before you go to a laptop sales place. You can do this by browsing through the internet about laptop prices through sites that provide updated laptop price lists. So that way we can estimate the price of the laptop we want to buy in order to avoid unreasonable prices.
6. Determine the function, that means you first think about what you want to buy a laptop for and what you have to look for. So later what we get is what we need. For example, if we buy a laptop so we can play games, but instead we buy a laptop with only 1GB of RAM, it’s not the maximum, the laptop will turn blank.
7. If you are a programmer, graphic designer or a true gamer, the laptop you need is a type of laptop that focuses on a VGA card and reliable memory. VGA vendor brands that can be used are Nvidia or AMD (Ati radeon) vendors.
8. Laptops that are often carried on a trip, must be adjusted so that they don’t disappoint on your trip, such as choosing one whose battery lasts, the weight of the laptop, the size of the laptop.
9. Keyboard and Touchpad Correction
Without normal keyboard and touchpad functions, how are we going to operate a laptop. Without these two things, a laptop means nothing. The keyboard and touchpad of every laptop do have differences. However, this difference is adjusted to the needs of each user. Therefore, first test the keyboard keys carefully, make sure everything is normal according to your wishes.
10. Consider the selling power of a laptop, that means if you want to sell a laptop again, you must pay attention to such as warranty service, official service places, and other waivers and what has been stated above choosing a well-known laptop brand, usually the selling price is far from the purchase price of the laptop.
Those are tips for you before buying and using a laptop so that you think twice before causing prolonged disappointment. It would be nice to do some tips on choosing a laptop to be more careful with the many brands of laptops currently circulating.
*Also read: Tips for Choosing a Gaming Laptop