Jakarta – Indonesian cuisine has been proven to be delicious, Mother. The variety and choices are many, ranging from spicy to dishes that have savory and sweet characteristics. The taste and the way of presentation also vary.
Not only taste, but the types of Indonesian food are also diverse, Mother. One of the typical Indonesian foods that are easy to find is tongseng. The tongseng recipe also has many variations with their own characteristics.
Basically tongseng is a soupy food. There are many variations of tongseng, Mother. The taste and method of cooking are also different in each type of tongseng.
Mother can try to cook tongseng with the following variants, as quoted from the book Kampung Chicken Tongseng from Sasongko Iswandaru, book Sedep Marem Ndeso Taste Cuisine 110 Recipes Hits on Instagram and Collection of 120 Chicken Recipes from Yasa Boga.
1. Chicken Tongseng
- 500 gr chicken
- 1.5L water
- 8 pcs red onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 pcs candlenut
- 3 cm roasted turmeric
- 1.5 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 300 g cabbage, thinly sliced
- Fried onions
- Ginger to taste
- Galangal as needed
- Coconut milk as needed
How to make:
- Cut the chicken into several pieces according to taste, then boil the chicken meat that has been cut into pieces, then drain.
- Prepare a saucepan, add coconut milk, ginger and galangal, then stir constantly. Don’t let the coconut milk break, Mother.
- Saute ground spices (garlic, onion, pepper, roasted turmeric, and salt) stir until wilted.
- Enter the ground spices that have been sauteed into the boiled coconut milk.
- Add the chopped cabbage, then add the boiled chicken, add the chopped cayenne pepper, also add the tomatoes. Boil while stirring, add sugar and soy sauce to taste.
- Prepare a bowl, enter the cooked chicken tongseng, add the fried onions.
- Chicken Tongseng is ready to be eaten.
Photo: Hi Mother/Annisa Shofia
2. Spicy Chicken Tongseng
- 1/2 kg of chicken
- 2 tomatoes, cut
- Cabbage to taste, cut into pieces
- 6 pieces of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 4 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, puree
- 2 hazelnuts, puree
- 1 segment of turmeric, puree
- 1 segment of galangal, bruised
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- Sufficient sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
How to make:
- Clean the chicken. Cut according to taste.
- Saute the seasoning ingredients. Add coconut milk and water, wait until it boils.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, cabbage, cayenne pepper, and brown sugar. Cook until the spices absorb.
- Adjust seasoning, serve while warm.
3. Chicken Tongseng
- 300 gr boneless chicken cut into 1/2 x 2 x 3 cm
- 20 pcs petai
- 2 red chilies, coarsely chopped
- 8 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cooked shrimp paste
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 pc tomato, cut 4-6
How to make:
- Pour 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, saute garlic until yellow. Add the red onion, mix well. Saute until wilted.
- Add chicken, stir until stiff. Add 250 ml of water, all ingredients, salt, and sugar to taste.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked and the gravy thickens. Lift and serve.
Read other tongseng recipe variants on the next page, Mother.
Check out the delicious and tasty homemade beef tongseng recipe video:
Create by Ipadguides in category of Mom’s-life