My experience with immigration is quite good.
Starting from making passports, extending passports, replacing passports with epassports, to adding names in passports for Umrah purposes.
Some of my friends did not have the same fate. There are those who have to wait a long time because the stock of passport books runs out, have to queue from before dawn to get to the queue, until other uncomfortable incidents.
Well, adding a name in this passport is usually for the purposes of Umrah or Hajj. Because immigration in Saudi Arabia requires the number of names is three.
This is for security reasons too it seems. If only two words like for example HANDLING HEROES, it is possible that there will be the same person’s name.
Especially if your name is generic like AGUS, BUDI, ASEPand others.
Added whose name?
My name is only two words. hero and NURMANSYAH. You can add a name with your father’s name, or grandfather’s name.
For example, my father’s name HANDSOME, then my name in passport will be WIRA NURMANSYAH HANGA.
Later on the validation notes page, there will be a description of the full name that has been added.
So instead of changing the passport or adding pages, it just prints the full name which is complete with the additional name.
- Come to the place where you issued your passport. So, for example, your passport was issued in South Jakarta, right? literally you must come there again.
- Bring the following documents:
- Original passport
- Photocopy of the passport with the photo and the back with the address. In A4 paper it has not been cut.
- Photocopy of ID card. In A4 paper too yes.
- Letter of recommendation from the travel agent you use for Umrah
- Application letter for name addition. Completed and signed above the material. Available at the immigration office cooperative.
- Submit the documents to the officer. Remember not at the counter to make a new passport. Just ask the officer or security guard where the counter is to add a name.
How quickly can this be done?
About 10 minutes after I submitted the documents, I received my passport back. I am at the South Jakarta Immigration Office. The fee is free tis tissss!
Just like that?
Yes, it’s easy and simple. You can also come at any time. It’s better after lunch, because the immigration office is quieter. Because that morning is the schedule for submitting the passport application.
This can also be represented actually. It can also be taken care of from a travel agent, but at a cost of around 200 thousand. Expensive in my opinion.
Few tips: If you have children, just give three words for a name so you don’t have to be complicated like this haha!
If you are going to go for Umrah, then I will give you a prayer so you can go back there with your family. 🙂
Create by ipadguides in category of Travel Story