For a long time, ZIP was a method used to save space or combine several folders into one. However, do you already know how to create a ZIP file? If not, this time Jagoan Hosting will provide a complete review for you. Immediately follow the steps below, yes, friend!
How to Create a ZIP File on a Windows Laptop
First of all, we will discuss how to create a ZIP file on a Windows laptop. Windows is one of the most popular operating systems used on the desktop. On Windows, usually already equipped with ZIP software, so you no longer need to download and install it.
As for how to create a ZIP file is as follows.
1. Create a folder
One of the fastest ways to create a zip file is to put all the files you want to zip into one folder. You can include multiple files or files where you will create a zip file. After putting all the files and files into one folder, rename the folder as you wish.
2. Right-click the folder
You can also select multiple files in the explorer, right-click on one, and do as above. The zip file will be successfully displayed and contains all the files you selected named after the folder name you changed earlier.
3. Wait for the folder
Usually if you add a lot of files or files to a folder, it will take a while to create them. There will be process bar when the file is added. Once done, the zip file will appear in the same location as the original folder with the same name, only the file format is different.
id="cara-membuat-file-zip-di-mac">How to Create ZIP Files on MAC
Next is how to zip files on MAC OS. What is the difference between on Windows and on MAC? Check out how to create a zip or rar file on the following MAC!
id="1-buat-folder-2">1. Create a folder
Similar to Windows, the way to create a zip or rar file on a MAC is to put all the files or files you want to archive into one folder. You can put multiple files and files into the folder where you will create the ZIP folder.
Rename the folder according to what you want.
3. Right click the folder
Click option compress, then the folder will be converted into a zip folder. The zipped folder will be in the same location as the folder you used to put all the files.
Also read: How to Compress Online Videos on HP & Laptops Easily Without Applications
How to Create ZIP Files on Linux
Next is how to zip files on Linux. Maybe this method is slightly different from the previous two methods. Come on, just take a look!
id="1-buka-terminal">1. Open terminal
The terminal has a symbol in the form of a black rectangle with several characters in it. On some platforms, the terminal is also known as console, xTreme, command prompt, or the like.
2. Create a directory
You can do it using the command mkdir with the directory name as you want. For example, if you want to create a directory “hostingCheapthen you can type mkdir hostingCheap. Then follow these steps.
- Move or copy all files or files. Move any files or files that you want to include in the zip file into a directory.
- Documents can be moved by command mv. Then, the document is no longer in the original file, but goes to the place you specified.
- Documents can be copied with the command cp. Then, the copy of the document will be saved in the place you have specified, while the original will be in the original place. Notice, to copy the directory you need to use the command cp -r.
- Both commands put the original position as the first argument, and the place to save a copy or move the document in the second argument.
id="3-simpan-direktori-sebagai-berkas-zip">3. Save the directory as a zip file
You can use the zip -r command to create a zipped folder. In this command, the name of the zip file is used as the first argument and the name of the file to be archived is used as the second argument. For example, if you want to archive the “hostingMurah” directory into a zip folder named “hostingMurah.zip”, type zip -r hostingCheap.zip hostingCheap.
Then, the names of all the files that are included in the archive will be displayed. So you can check if everything you want to archive is already there.
How to Create ZIP Files on Android
Next is how to create a zip file on Android. How to create a zip file on Android you can do in the following way.
- Download the RAR application on the PlayStore, then open the application.
- Locate the folder containing the files you want to zip.
- Once selected, you can name the file.
- Select browse to select the location of the output file.
- If there is an option to set a password, you can enter it so that it cannot be opened by just anyone.
- Click OK and the way to zip files on Android is done.
How to Create ZIP Files on Android Without Apps
Still about how to zip files on Android, but this time without an application. To make it you can follow the following method.
- Go to the file manager, my files, or the file manager on the smartphone.
- Locate and select which folder to convert into a ZIP file.
- Then, click on the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and select the zip option.
- Name the zip file and click zip
- How to create a zip file on Android without an app is done!
Also read: 5 Best Apps To Transfer Files From Android To PC Without Cables
How to Create ZIP File with Password
Finally, there is a way to create a zip file with a password. The method is as follows:
1. Download a compression program
This compression program can be downloaded for free. Some of them are 7-zip, IZArc, and PeaZIP.
2. Create a new archive
Use compression software to create a new zip file. Click the file you want to compress.
3. Enter password
If you are asked to enter a password, you will need to enter it and remember it as it will be useful for accessing this zip file.
4. Create a password protected zip file in OS X
The next step is to create a password protected zip file on OX, the method is:
- Open a terminal, it can be found in the utilities folder inside your application folder.
- Navigate to the folder you want to zip
- Enter command zip -r
- Enter the password twice for verification.
- The ZIP has been created and displayed.
How, easy isn’t it how to create a ZIP file? Yes, with just a few simple steps, you can compress a folder so that it is more effective and efficient. If you still find it difficult or have questions, just write them in the comments column, yes, friend. Good luck!
Eits beforehand, if you have a need to go online such as support for websites, business email, domains to VPS for your every need, you can subscribe to Jagoan Hosting.
Why so? Because Jagoan Hosting provides a wide selection of products that can be tailored to your needs. You just have to choose the right package!
For blogs, online shops, website profiles, to business e-mails, all are available. Jagoan Hosting is also ready to provide a reliable server for you, so what are you waiting for? Go to Jagoan Hosting now!