How is the analysis of sorghum cultivation business? Given, so far, not a few Indonesian people who cultivate this plant.
Well in this article, I will analyze it in full.
What is sorghum?
For those who don’t know about sorghum, you need to know first that it is a grain plant that is currently widely cultivated in dry and hot weather areas.
In Indonesia, this plant has long been known by farmers, especially in NTB, NTT, and Java.
In Java, for example, sorghum is known by its name as cantel. It is often planted with other crops.
Sorghum can be called a plant that has many uses. It is ranked fifth as a grain that is often grown after rice, corn, and so on.
Analysis of sorghum cultivation
There are several things that I analyze here. Here’s the explanation;
1. Planting distance between 70 to 20 cm
2. 1 hole made, filled with two grains of sorghum
4. Official sorghum seeds 5kg
5. Bioboost 2 liters per month
– Seeds IDR 1,600,000
– Plow Rp. 875,000
– Wages for drainage Rp. 300,000
– Wages in planting Rp. 300,000
– Buy fertilizer Rp. 800,000
– The wage is Rp. 300,000
– Functions Rp. 200,000
– Poison for grass Rp. 200,000
– Wage for spraying Rp. 200,000
– Wage seasoning Rp. 600,000
– Harvest wages Rp. 800,000
If the selling price is high = Rp. 20,000,000
Low selling price, this is the result:
= Rp. 725,000,
The highest selling price, this is the result:
Sorghum cultivation business opportunities
Talking about business opportunities, this sorghum has actually been developed on dry land which is quite large in land, both in wet climates such as Sumatra or Kalimantan and in dry climates such as NTT and Java.
Just imagine, the area of dry land in our country is estimated at 143.9 million 1 ha. Of this land area, 31.5 million ha is dry land with a flat and wavy topography.
Dry soil with a wet climate, generally acidic. It is a characteristic for most regions in Indonesia.
Acid soils have a very low level of soil fertility, and even become a production constraint for other agricultural crops.
For his own business opportunity, it is quite good to apply. Because, there are also many advantages when cultivating sorghum, including;
- Sorghum can be ratified. So it can be harvested many times at one time planting.
- The harvest is fast, 3-4 months.
- Growing sorghum is easier.
- Sorghum is relatively little in fertilization
- Little need for water
- In particular, sorghum has a much higher seed production compared to sugarcane and other crops
Maybe that’s all the analysis of the sorghum cultivation business that I can convey. Hope it is useful!