After the Sprint Goal, Sprint Backlog, sprint duration, and any work in the sprint backlog items have been compiled and agreed upon, we are ready to sprint. In the sprint there is one event that must be carried out every day during the sprint and must be carried out, which is commonly referred to as Daily Scrum.
Daily Scrum is an activity with a maximum time limit of 15 minutes which aims to synchronize work between development teams. Each team member must report what has been done the previous day and make plans for the next 24 hours.
Read also: Getting to Know the Product Development Process with Scrum
The Daily Scrum is always held at the same place and time every day. This usually makes scrum performers feel bored. This requires a really strong commitment from each member of the development team to implement it in order to achieve the agreed sprint goal. During the meeting, the development team explained:
- What did I do yesterday that helped the Development Team achieve the Sprint Goal?
- What will I do today to help the Development Team achieve the Sprint Goal?
- Are there any obstacles that could prevent me or the Development Team from achieving the Sprint Goal?
The development team uses the daily scrum to review progress towards the sprint goal. Daily scrum optimizes the developer’s chances of achieving sprint goals. Every day, the development team must understand how they can work together as a self-managing team to achieve the Sprint Goal.
Read also: This Is What SCRUM Means in the World of Product Development
To discuss the work in more detail, some team members may meet other team members after the daily scrum is over. When the daily scrum takes place, the Scrum Master only ensures that this meeting lasts no more than 15 minutes, and the development team is responsible for carrying it out.
By doing a daily scrum, there are several advantages for the development team, including
- Improve communication between the development team
- Eliminate other meetings that are not related to the sprint
- Supports rapid decision making, and
- Improve the knowledge of the development team members.
That’s a little explanation about the daily scrum and its implementation. The Daily Scrum may indeed bore some members of the development team, but therein lies the challenge. So, for those of you who are interested in implementing Scrum for product development, keep your spirits up, and don’t forget to do it as effectively as possible so you don’t exceed the time limit that has been determined earlier.
A few tips from Scrum experts who are already reliable, so that your team doesn’t get bored, when carrying out all activities in Scrum, you can follow some of these tips:
- Try to make all the events in the scrum, especially the daily scrum, a fun meeting and make all team members excited
- Try to make the daily scrum as effective and focused as possible, for example: every daily scrum, all team members must stand up
- Make a happiness score, so you know the stress level of your team members later and prepare ways to reduce their stress level
Well, for those of you who want to become a Scrum Master, you can continue to read articles from Jagoanhosting.com. Apart from being one Indonesia’s Best Hosting ProviderJagoanhosting also shares many articles about the world of developers, business tips and other updated technologies.