During the rainy season, the capacity of climbers will certainly decrease compared to when the weather is clear. Not only famous mountains like Prau, Slamet too. Entering the rainy season, the number of climbers of Mount Slamet via the Bambangan route, Karangreja sub-district, Purbalingga, Central Java always decreases drastically. But there must be someone from outside the city who climbs.
The decreasing number of visitors is always informed by the local Basecam. For example, if written in data form, in October there were no 1,000 climbers, previously (September) it could reach 1,291 climbers, even in August there were 4,312 climbers, this has shown a very clear difference with the changing seasons.
During the rainy season, most climbers prefer mountains with ideal heights such as Bismo, Mount Kembang, or to a hill.
Mount Slamet has a height of 3,428 meters above sea level (masl) and has always been a destination for climbers, both domestic and foreign. The Bambangan route, which is always busy as a favorite route, based on recorded data, can reach 18,683 climbers who register through the Bambangan route.
During the rainy season, climbers of Mount Slamet are always reminded who plan to travel via Bambangan to prepare supplies, especially ponchos and tents completely.
Path to Mount Slamet via Bambangan
We have written the following public transportation routes to get to Bambangan Basecamp, Mount Slamet, Purbalingga:
1. For climbers who use public transportation, the train can stop at Purwokerto Station.
Meanwhile, bus users can get off at Purbalingga and Bobotsari Terminals.
2. After we arrive at Purwokerto Station or Purwokerto Terminal, climbers can rent public transportation by negotiating tariffs that are adjusted to the number of groups. So the more people, the higher the rate.
Most of the transportation routes that are rented range from Rp. 300,000 to Rp. 400,000 per group. The journey from Purwokerto Station to Bambangan takes about 2-3 hours.
3. In addition to renting public transportation, climbers can also first use the Rp 10,000 bus to Purbalingga Terminal or Rp 15,000 to arrive at Bobotsari Terminal.
4. From Purbalingga Terminal, next climbers can hire non-route transportation services (black plate) to reach Bambangan Basecamp.
These non-travel vehicles are often found both from the terminal and from Simpang Serayu, Mrebet at a rate of around Rp. 150,000 – Rp. 250,000 per group.
5. After arriving at Bambangan Basecamp, climbers will be charged for, among others: for a climbing visit of Rp. 15,000/day, Perhutani of Rp. 5,000, motorcycle parking of Rp. 10,000/ascent, or car parking of Rp. 50,000/ascent.
So, those are the tips for climbing Mount Slamet during the rainy season through Bambangan as the climbers’ favorite route. Regarding vehicle rates, registration fees and others, they can change at any time, it’s just an estimate, the most important thing is that you can already imagine the amount of costs that must be incurred.